2018 Competitions Rulebook
Before the tournament, make sure to check out the rule book and ballots so you can be as prepared as possible. View the Rulebook for 2018 here.
If you’ve participated in MIST previously, you will notice the following important changes:
- Knowledge Test is now open-book. Competitors must achieve a score of at least 65% to rank/win a medal. Questions will now have an analytical/thinking focus.
- Quran Recitation Level 4 assigned surahs have changed.
- Math Olympics will now include questions on logic and statistics. The scoring procedure has changed as well.
- Debate will now include a third place match.
- The Short Film ballot has been revamped.
- The Social Media ballot has been revamped.
- Minor changes to other rules and ballots.
This year's MIST Bowl topics are:
- Topic I: Cities of Light
- Topic II: The State of Surveillance
- Topic III: Social Influence
- Topic IV: The Ottoman Empire Part I (1299-1700)
- Topic V: Contemporary Conflicts Part II
- Topic VI: Current Events (Starting January 1st, 2018)
Other competitions requiring topics:
Original Oratory/Prepared Essay